Saturday, February 22, 2014

Deviant by Callie Hart - Review


Sloane

I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying,
I have to find Alexis.


Zeth

She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.






Sloane will do anything to find her sister.  That's how she finds herself making a deal with a PI.  In exchange for a night with a stranger, she will get the information she wants about where her sister is.  That's all Sloane wants and will do anything to get it, even if that means having sex with a stranger, in the dark, oh and she's a virgin.  In walks the mysterious Zeth.  Make way ladies because Zeth is intense.  There aren't many men left in novels that can leave you speechless, but from the very beginning, Zeth is one of those men.

He likes to meet his women in the dark, no names, no faces, no way to contact them, but Zeth knows exactly who Sloane is.  Too bad she forgot to tell him the part that she's a virgin.  Two years after their one explosive night together, Sloane is about to come face to face with the voice that has haunted her dreams for the last two years, Zeth.  He doesn't want to come and see her, but his friend tried to kill herself, and Sloane is now a doctor.  He tells her he's coming back for her in two days, and while Sloane wants to run the other way, she can't seem to convince herself that staying away is for the best.  

Zeth will test Sloane, see if she is fit to live his lifestyle, and believe me when she walked into that party, I didn't know what to expect.  Sloane is looking for answers, Zeth doesn't want to help her find those answers, but the more time he spends with her, the more he'll want things that no woman has ever made him feel before.  Will Sloane ever find her sister?  What happens between her and Zeth?  Unfortunately ladies, I must warn you now that you are not going to get an HEA if you read this.  This is the first book in the series, with the next one coming out soon.  While it may not be a HEA, it's still a book I highly commend reading.  That man can have his way with me any day of the week, because he's THAT good at what he does.  I'm intrigued to see what will happen in this series, and if Sloane and Zeth end up together or if her sister is ever found.  I give it 5 stars.

***ARC provided in exchange for a honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment