Sunday, February 24, 2013

Review: Vanguard of Hope by Kathy Steinemann

Vanguard of Hope by Kathy Steinemann
Romantic Suspense
Published: February 10, 2013

Read via Kindle







Synopsis: LISETVILLE, 1890 -- Murders are committed; homes are burned; family secrets are buried; an unexpected romance complicates lives. Amid the mystery and violence, a vigilante brigade emerges to administer justice.

Flowing through the intrigue and drama is a dark undercurrent that will touch your heart as you empathize with the victims.

Review: I was given a copy of this book to give an honest review. At first when I started reading this story, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. I've never read a book that was made up of diary entries, but I have to say it was like reading chapters in a novel I also liked the different sections including the newspaper clipping section at the end and the two entries made by Owen towards the end of the book.

This story was written so realistically written that I truly felt like I was actually reading entries from the character's diary. I was drawn into Hope's life and felt like I was right there with her while she was making her diary entries. Hope lived a full life, but didn't truly start living her life to the fullest until close to the last years of her life. She was married to Paul for twelve years before their marriage actually took a turn from the boring husband and wife standard you would expect to see from a marriage in the 1800s. I seriously thought the story was over at 40 percent in because Hope seemed to have everything she wanted in her life, that was until everything took a turn for the worst and her life started to fall apart around her. I don't want to give anything away about the story by saying what happened you will have to read it to find out.

I loved reading about the Sapphire Brigade and their efforts to protect the innocent and victims of pedophiles. I look forward to reading more about the Sapphire Brigade in the future books in this series and I love their moto: 'Nos protegimus presistimusque' - 'We protect and we persevere' and I loved the exclusive interview with a member of the Brigade it did help the reader to understand the motivation behind the way they operate. The story did however leave me wondering what happened with Phoebe when she found out the secret that Owen and Solomon kept from her all those years and what happened with Owen. I hope to read more about their stories in future books in this series. If you are looking for a captivating story this one will be for you. It had everything: love, lies, deceit, mystery, murder, romance, a passionate love affair, death, and tears tears and more tears. Great story and was very well written check it out it was well worth the late nights up reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment