Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Rush by Maya Bank


Rush (The Breathless Trilogy) by Maya Banks
Contemporary
Published: February 5, 2013

Read via Kindle







Synopsis: Gabe, Jace, and Ash: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Gabe, it’s making one particular fantasy come true with a woman who was forbidden fruit. Now she’s ripe for the picking... 

When Gabe Hamilton saw Mia Crestwell walk into the ballroom for his hotel’s grand opening, he knew he was going to hell for what he had planned. After all, Mia is his best friend’s little sister. Except she’s not so little anymore. And Gabe has waited a long time to act on his desires. 

Gabe has starred in Mia’s fantasies more than once, ever since she was a teenager with a huge crush on her brother’s best friend. So what if Gabe’s fourteen years older? Mia knows he’s way out of her league, but her attraction has only grown stronger with time. She’s an adult now, and there’s no reason not to act on her most secret desires. 

As Gabe pulls her into his provocative world, she realizes there’s a lot she doesn’t know about him or how exacting his demands can be. Their relationship is intense and obsessive, but as they cross the line from secret sexual odyssey to something deeper, their affair runs the risk of being exposed—and vulnerable to a betrayal far more intimate than either expected. 


Review: Read FSOG or thinking about it? Rush is so much better than FSOG. I've read a lot of BDSM based books, and this one is a great start to the series. It was hot and it was intense and I don't enjoy slow books I lose interest way too easily. From the start of the time that Gabe saw Jace's younger sister Mia again he knew it was time he finally staked his claim on her. The age difference was always an issue but she's all grown up now and he wants to have her. Same goes for Mia she's fantasized about Gabe since she was a teenager and as time went on the feelings didn't die down they only grew in intensity. From the moment that contract was signed the sparks started to fly and the heat didn't stop. It was great to watch how their relationship played out. Especially since it was obvious Gabe viewed Mia as more than his next conquest he just couldn't see it for most of the book. When Gabe was burned by his ex-wife Lisa, he lost all trust in women especially after she dragged his name through the mud in both divorce court and in the media leaving him devastated. It was a real incredible journey watching Gabe learn to trust again especially since he doesn't trust anyone other than his two best friends and business partners Ash and Jace. What I loved even more about Gabe was that he's not your typical Dom stereo type he's not into the whole 'call me master or sir' type which was refreshing.

Overall I loved this book one of my favorite moments was of course at the end under the Christmas tree it was one of the sweetest things I have ever read in a book. At first I thought it was going to be like every other book I read by towards 60% it started to become a lot different than what I expected which is always great. Maya Banks did a wonderful job with this book and I look forward to reading about both Ash and Jace's stories I have already pre-ordered both, One other thing I would love to read about would be more about Caroline and Brandon their story would be interesting to read as well. Read it, it was well worth the price I paid to read it. Normally I only stick with free books.

Favorite Quote:

"There's no hope for me with you, Mia. I make you promises I can't keep. I'm not myself when I'm with you. I'm not even sure I like myself right now. But I can't stop. God, even if it makes you hate me, I can't stop. My need for you consumes me and it's not going away."  Loc 1923 

No comments:

Post a Comment