Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons


Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons
Contemporary
Published: January 4, 2013

Read via Kindle







Synopsis: I had the perfect life. 

Beautiful and loving husband.Three gorgeous little girls. 
Successful career. 

The only thing missing was the white picket fence. I really wanted that fence. 

Three years ago, I lost that life. I lost my husband. And I lost myself. But, eventually, I found my way through the darkness. I’ve made peace with my new life. I have my girls, and that’s all that matters. They are my world. I have no illusions of ever falling in love again or getting whisked away on a white horse. 

But then he came back into my life. On a freakin’ motorcycle.

There’s no way I’ll let him turn my life completely upside down. Absolutely no way. 

The question is…

How long can I keep pretending that I’m happy with my life being right-side up?


Review: I loved this story; I don’t think I have ever read a book that I could relate to on such a level.  But being a mother of three children I can totally connect with Alex.  Alex has three children, Rylie, Kyndall. And Nycole with her husband Derek that died three years ago in a car accident.  When I read the first chapter and the toothpaste debacle I almost DIED laughing and I thought to myself oh my god this is my life on a daily basis!  When Alex’s husband died her husband didn’t just die she in a way died herself and became a shell of her former self.  Then came along her hero Blake Morgan her best friend from when they were children.  I loved Blake, he was sweet and he was kind and it also helped that he was gorgeous but what I loved most about Blake was even though he hasn’t seen Alex in years and they haven’t been friends since junior high, he still cares about her and wants what is best for her.
I loved the journey with Alex as she learned to pick up the pieces of her broken heart and learn to love again and that it’s ok to mend your heart after you lose the love of your life.  This was the sweetest book I have ever read and I absolutely loved the ‘note to self’ sections they always had me laughing and I several favorite lines from this book, but I have to say that “”I think you look good, wearing my future” was my favorite line of all and I was in awe of the list on the shirt.  So if you are looking for a sweet romance that will fill your heart with happiness believe me this is the book for you I started it and couldn’t put it down finishing it within the same day.  I can’t wait to see what other books come out by L.B. Simmons because this one was an awesome book!

Favorite Quotes:

“I think you look good, wearing my future.” Loc 3334
“But you’ll never have your happy ending unless you’re brave enough to open the book and start your story.” Loc 2108

No comments:

Post a Comment