Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review: Phoenix Rockstar By Bec Botefuhr

Phoenix Rockstar by Bec Botefuhr
Erotica
Published: January 5, 2013

Read via Kindle






Synopsis: Violet has been raised in a world with bikers, rough men and separated parents. The only savior in her world, was her love for Travis, her best friend. They grew up together, creating a hopeless friendship against all odds. Then he left, with no goodbye, no explanation.

Travis went on and became a successful rockstar, Violet moved on and thought she was finally over it. Then Travis returns and tugs on her heart strings all over again. She finds it hard to say no, she is different now...she isn't the girl he once adored; dark things have happened to her. What if she isn't what he believes he wants so badly?

Come on Travis and Violet's journey of love, heartache and all the things in between.

Review:  Let me first start out by saying this. I have read a lot of the other reviews for this book and I don't agree with some of the reviews that have been written. While it did need a little bit of editing at the beginning of the book and I was a little confused to start out with the more I read into this book the more I enjoyed it. The best part... You don't have to wait to read the second half. When you are dealing with a world that revolves around bikers, the standard story doesn't apply and in this case it doesn't which is where I think a lot of the misunderstanding happens. I like stories that think outside of the box, and believe me I have read some books that had me thinking what was I thinking even starting this book??? I am actually looking forward to reading the conclusion of Travis and Violet's story it was a great cliffhanger at the end.

This story starts out with Travis Phoenix returning home after having left four years before without even a letter to say goodbye to Violet. Travis was her lifeline when they were growing up between growing up with bikers and her parents not being together so when he takes off without a word her whole world shatters around her. To make matters worse, her best friend died in a tragic accident and her bother Jeremy wants to kill Violet because he believes she was responsible for it and he already has attempted to kill her once. Their story isn't easy, they have hot sex and then scream at one another then make up and fight some more. With the years of anguish that Violet has suffered without anyone to lean on it's a wonder she doesn't really trust people and keeps herself closed off from most of the world. So if you are looking for a book that is full of love, lies, and deceit through more than half of the book believe me you won't be sorry. This book did start out a little slow but by the end I couldn't get enough of it. I am looking forward to reading the conclusion of their story and seeing how everything works out.

Favorite Quotes: 

"Every word.  Men who cheat are weak minded because they don't have the balls to break it off first.  Same goes for women.  How hard is it to say 'I just don't love you anymore?' "  Loc. 968 (Travis)
"You are my life Violet, my soul, my heart.  My world changed the day you were born, and it will never be the same again." Loc. 2234 (Travis) 

No comments:

Post a Comment