Friday, February 15, 2013

Review: Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines


Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
Contemporary
Published: December 14, 2012

Read via Kindle







Synopsis: To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.


Review:  I have read a lot of books. Most of the books I read have mixed reviews this isn't one of those books. The first thing that caught be was the cover so I automatically opened it and saved it to my wish list, but after seeing the over 500 5 star reviews I knew I had to buy and read this book. At first it seemed like every other ordinary book, girl moves to new city, girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy, but believe me this story is so much deeper than that. Blaire is a girl who lost it all, her twin sister died in a car accident 5 years ago, her father left them 5 years ago, and her mother just died of cancer and had to tell her grandmother's house and belongings to pay the medical bills. Having no one left to turn to but the father that left them for another family, she heads to Florida and finds herself in the middle of the upper class in a lifestyle she has never known. She meets Grant who informs her that her father is out of the country with his mother and brings her to meet Rush her other new stepbrother that offers for her to sleep under the stairs until she can get a job and move out, and of course there's Nan who instantly hates Blaire. She doesn't fit in and falls for Rush but what appears to be a man that loves women and kicks them out of his bed just as fast and is the son of a rocker, is exactly what he is not, he tries to stay away but they fall for one another, but remember every family no matter how perfect they seem have secrets and believe me the secret this family has is like no other. I remember what it was like when I read the secret in Down to You I was floored this one had me starring at my kindle for a good five minutes before I recovered and continued reading. I won't say anymore, but I will say this WHY WHY WHY DID THE BOOK HAVE TO END THE WAY IT DID. I read that in so many other reviews and thought come on it can't be THAT big a deal but it really was... Read it you won't be sorry, I'm not only excited to read Never Too Far, I was excited to find out that the book is out in March and not 6 months in the future like some other books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment