Sunday, June 7, 2015

Review: Icy Pretty Love by L.A. Rose


Synopsis:

Glass-doll beauty. A shy, proper smile. Georgette Montgomery is the perfect billionaire’s fiancé. 

Or she would be, if she existed. 

A dark past. A smile that hides everything. At nineteen, Rae Grove escapes her disaster life by pretending to be other people—specifically, whoever the man paying her that night wants her to be. 

Until she’s offered enough money for a one-way ticket to a better life. All she has to do is fly to Paris and pretend to be the fiancé of young business tycoon Cohen Ashworth for one month. Within an hour of meeting Cohen, Rae knows three things about him: 

1. He hates everyone and everything. 

2. He has abundant wit and a knife-sharp tongue. 

3. He uses 2 to make everyone aware of 1. 

Before long, Rae’s determined to crack open his unbreakable shell. Cohen’s determined to stay unbroken. 

But no one escapes unscathed when two opposite worlds collide.


Review:

Rae Grove is used to playing a part.  She's used to being able to put on a smile and fool you into believing she's whatever you need her to be in that moment.  Rae is used to men that take whatever they want and use her body in anyway that they please.  She's just used to being used.

So when she gets the opportunity to go to Paris for a month as Georgette Montgomery, she jumps at the chance to get away and make enough money to start her life over.  There's just one tiny little issue Cohen has no idea she exists, let alone that she's going to pretend to be his fiance for the next month.

Cohen has no desire to deal with Rae.  He's used to getting his way and doesn't want or need her in his life.  Except now he's stuck with her.

When I started this book, I expected it to be like so many other books that involve poor women and billionaire men.  Rich and arrogant, check.  Poor and misunderstood, check.  What I didn't expect was to get something outside of the norm of girl meets boy, boy doesn't like girl, girl tries her hardest to get boy to like him, they fight, they makeup, the end.  This book went outside of the norm I'm used to and that's why I loved it so much.

I've read so many books where the story is always the same thing, just a different setting and characters with different names.  I don't expect Rae to go out of her way to try to get Cohen to like her and I don't expect the dynamic of their relationship.  Because this book was so different and made me laugh quite a few times, this quickly became a book that I couldn't put down.

I don't really want to talk about the content of the book because it would give away too much of their story.  But there will be times that you laugh and times when Cohen will leave you with your mouth hanging open in shock.  I will say this though, I would've loved to have seen more of what happened after the end.  That's all I'm going to say about that and because of the fact that there was that missing element for me, I have decided to rate this book as a 4 star read.

If you loved James Games as much as I did, you will definitely enjoy this book, and if you haven't, now is the time to check out this and James Games.  I look forward to reading more of this author's work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment