Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Guest post: Author Jess Michaels

Tick Tock: A Week Until Release
Jess Michaels
Hi everyone and big thanks to Rose for allowing me to hang out on her blog today! If you have no idea who I am, I’m Jess Michaels and I write erotic historical romance, currently with Samhain Publishing (I’ve also written for Red Sage Publishing and Avon Red).  I’ve always love steamy romance, so now I get the pleasure of writing it!
In fact, I’m about a week out from my next release, TAKEN BY THE DUKE (July 2), which starts a brand new series for me, The Pleasure Wars. Think a bit of Romeo and Juliet, but with a lot of steamy sex and sin.
The final days before a release are a strange time for an author. I’m running around, visiting blogs, making final preparations and basically getting ready for my latest “baby” to go out into the world and hopefully find some success.
It’s all anticipation and excitement and a little fear (okay, a lot of fear), but mostly it’s just hoping readers will find the book, buy the book, read the book and love the book as much as I loved writing it.
Truly, I adore Christian, a man physically and emotionally broken by the death of his sister (which he blames on another man) and Ava, a woman who has experienced suffering in her life but chooses to still be happy. Putting them together and allowing them to slowly, delicately find love through lies, betrayal, grief and an erotic bargain was just pure pleasure for me. I often write about the healing power of love and this book was a place I really got to explore it.

So in this last week before release, excuse me if I twitch a little. If I am nervous. If I can’t sleep. It’s just I love this book and I really want everyone else to love it, too.

We are one week away from the latest release by Jess Michaels - Taken By The Duke. I am really excited about this release and my review will be available for viewing next week on release day. Below is a little about the book and let me tell you this book looks HOTT!!!


An eye for an eye, a sin for a sin…
The Pleasure Wars, Book 1
Amid all the lies and scandals that fuel Society’s gossip mill, one truth has stood out: House Rothcastle and House Windbury have always hated each other.
Lady Ava Windbury prays the feud will someday end, to no avail. One dreadful night, her brother accidentally causes the death of Christian Rothcastle’s sister, a tragedy that leaves both men maimed.
Consumed by grief, Christian makes a grim decision. He will kidnap Lady Ava so that her family will feel the pain of loss as keenly as he feels the loss of his own sister. But once he has Ava in his clutches, desire takes unexpected hold. Even more surprising, she willingly surrenders to his every sexual whim—after haggling over the terms of giving up her virginity.
Too late, he realizes she is using her body for peace, not war. But just as their affair of revenges turns into an affair of the heart, the past rears its ugly head to take matters into its own hands…
Warning: This book contains scenes of erotic seduction, sexual revenge and the healing power of love.



***Make sure you check out her Amazon page to see her other great releases that are now available!!!***





No comments:

Post a Comment