Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: Tempting the Player by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Tempting the Player by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Contemporary
Published: October 22, 2012

Read via Kindle







Synopsis: Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together…or in love.


Review: I thought I enjoyed reading Chase's story, believe me it was NOTHING compared to Chad. Readers are first introduced to Chad in the first book in this series 'Tempting The Best Man' and while he's not in there very much since obviously the focus of the story was on his brother Chase, the parts that he was in made me laugh and I knew his story would be great. Funny enough Bridget is the assistant of Chase's girlfriend Madison which is a fact that she keeps hidden from Chad when they first meet. Funny thing is that they met in a sex club who would've thought that a girl like Bridget who isn't into the whole swinger, dom, sub type of lifestyle would have been in that sort of a club. They home together that night, but Chad being a baseball player has a very public image as a player which is a fact that Bridget cannot look passed at the beginning of the story. They don't see each other again for quite sometime that is until they run into one another at while Bridget is having lunch with Chase and Madison and he ends up getting her alone. I have to say that picture ending up in the paper was the best thing that could have happened to these two since Bridget ends up getting blackmailed by Chad's publicist and she ends up pretending to be Chad's fake girlfriend for one month to repair his image. Chad and Bridget may not have had the best start and their relationship may have been fake but the emotions they felt were real. This book a VERY HOTT at one point I swear I needed a fan because the temp went up twenty degrees while I was reading this story. I also loved the playful attitude that Chad had he's a real catch and I would love to have a man like that focus his attention on me.

I finished this story in less than twelve hours I just couldn't put it down. I loved reading about Chad and I look forward to reading about Chandler and the publicist when his story 'Tempting The Bodyguard' comes out later this year should be interesting...


Favorite Quote: 
"I want you.  Bad.  Right now.  Against the wall.  On my bed.  The floor and maybe in the bathroom later.  I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put to really good use.  I know you'd like it." Loc 483 - Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment