Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Never Too Far by Abbi Glines

Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
Contemporary
Published February 25, 2013

Read via Kindle








Synopsis: The story that started with the New York Times Bestseller FALLEN TOO FAR continues... 


Rush withheld a secret that had destroyed her world.

Her entire life had all been a lie.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.

Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.

What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.


Review: I loved this book, it picked up right where the last book left off in Alabama when Blaire ran back to her home town in Sumit. It was a great story but it's kind of hard to give a complete review without giving too much away about this story since from the first chapter it picked up and kept going. I laughed, I cried, it was an incredible journey for Rush and Blaire to try and find happiness especially with Rush's family so against him being with her and I must say holy hot tamale Rush is HOTT I needed a fan his character is incredible. Blaire did change a lot from the first book, but how much heartache and loss can one person take without it having a profound effect on them as a person? I struggled a lot with how I felt about Rush during this book I rooted for him sometimes and even at one point wanted to reach through my Kindle and slap him for the way he was acting.

Now comes the down side. While the story was fast paced and didn't drag, I found it lacking at the end. I would love to have a few additional chapters and even an epilogue to go with this story. It left too many unanswered questions at the end. What happened with Nan? What happened with Abe? With happened with Cain? Bethy and Jace? How did Rush and Blaire's future turn out did it work out, did it not work out? After they went to the doctor it just kind of ended, sure you can assume that they lived happily ever after, but where is the fun is assuming things instead of actually having the story written out for you. I enjoy reading books that have an ending sure while I enjoy my happy endings I can even deal with bad endings as long as there is an actual ending. Overall I did enjoy the book and I hope that Abbi does decide to write an Epilogue or even another book I could use more Rush and Blaire their story ended too soon and I want MORE!

On another note... I was also not very happy that I had to go to another site to buy this book since Amazon didn't have it available for more than a day after it came out on other venues, I however still love leaving reviews on Amazon and so even though my review is not a verified purchase I still wanted to write a review and support the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment